Data Protection Policy
Shweta Soni retains certain information about his/her clients in order to meet their support requirements and monitor services provided.
She will only share information about clients with their explicit consent. If the data is shared or used for research purposes, it will be made anonymous.
Shweta Soni will comply with the Data Protection Principles as set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. Information will be used fairly, stored safely and for the purpose of licensing be shared with the licensing body of Davis Dyslexia Association International (DDAI) and the Davis Learning Foundation (DLF). Information will not be disclosed to any other person unlawfully.
The data controller is Shweta Soni and is responsible for
- Data records and processing
- Reporting any data breaches
Information we may collect from you
We/I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information subscribing to our services or requesting further services.
- If you contacted me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that we require to support your needs and agreed programme goals.
- Copies of documents from other parties which have been provided to us by you.
- Parental/legal guardian consent will be requested to hold data for children aged 16 or younger, and where the parent/legal guardian is the responsible person, acting in the best interests of a child/adult, without the competence to give their own consent.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Survey data will be made anonymous.
- Information that we require in order to process invoices, receipts and for tax and legal purposes.
The facilitator will ensure that the data held is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored securely and cannot be accessed by anyone without appropriate authority to do so. All data will be password protected or locked away.
Personal and identifiable information will only be kept for as long as it is required to provide support and for six years after final contact.
All other data will be destroyed unless required for tax records. Tax records will include copies of invoices and receipts.
Uses made of the information
We/I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested
- To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may be of interest to you but only if you have requested this.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- For administration purposes including support sessions, invoices and receipts and programme effectiveness assessments
- To enable us to compile statistics, or to assist other organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published.
Disclosure of your information
We/I will request your permission should it be necessary to disclose relevant information to those people who 'need to know' to support you effectively.
We/I cannot take any responsibility for controlling any personal data that is posted to, or shared from, any social media platforms or forums.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information which is held about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please make the request in writing to
You have the right
- to challenge and correct any information that we hold about you
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed
- to request we delete personal information we hold about you
- to restrict the use of your personal data
- to object to the processing of personal information in certain circumstances
- to ask that we/I transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
Date Updated: 19/06/21